Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Slide









I went in with 5 of my neighbors and we bought an inflatable water slide for the kids. It is SO awesome! I had no idea how many hours of fun that thing would provide. Today was another one of our 'in your swim suit ALL DAY' days. After swim team we washed the car and went to the pool. We spent almost 4 hours at the pool because our good friends Kari, Kately, Libby, and Kiley were with us. When we got home our neighbors were outside and suggested that we try the new slide. We did not even come inside. We hooked up the slide (they are simple to use) and at 7:30 I told the kids we had to turn the water off because it had been running for almost 4 hours. yikes!




I thought they might slide for about 30 minutes. It is just a slide! They did not get tired of that thing. I had to teach Reese how to climb up the back; it is pretty tall and the holes for your feet are far apart for short legs. It did not take her long and she was up and down with no problem. I have some really great video that I would love to post. Maybe I will pin Pete down for a few minutes and get him to show me how to upload a clip. We cleaned up and came inside and I had the girls jump in the shower. Within 10 minutes of being out of the shower they were sound asleep.




Summer is the best!






3 comments:

Anita said...

That is AWESOME! What a fun day and fun memories for your girls.

Amy Woods said...

So fun!! Sounds like you have great neighbors! And I just love it when they crash like that. Makes for great chilling out time for mom and dad!

tamandscott said...

That is a great idea to go in with neighbors to get one of those. Then, it is cheap entertainment!