Thursday, June 12, 2008

Be Still

Tonight I had the privilege to attend a ladies dinner at the church where my sister's mother-in-law (did you get all that?) is a member. Sarah (the mother-in-law) was the speaker and wanted some comforting faces in the crowd as she spoke, so she bought a whole table and invited me to be one of her guests. Let me just say I was honored to be asked by her and it was such a pleasure to hear her speak. It was a great reminder that I need to be still and listen. This summer is starting out quite crazy and tonight was a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle.

We are still adjusting to a new schedule that has us up at 5 am. You know what is the worst part for me? I eat breakfast at 5:15, so it is all I can do to wait until 10:30 for lunch and then I am ready for dinner at 3:30. Of course I do not stay full until bed, so I add a second dinner in there. Four meals a day is fine if you are swimming 3+ hours a day like Soren, but I have got to get something figured out. My mom suggested not eating breakfast when I get up at 5, but I am HUNGRY when I wake up! Poor me, I know.

Pete has been so awesome. He takes Soren to swim and then goes to work, so that means I do not have to leave the house to pick her up until 7:45 and Reese does not have to get up until then. That is saving me.

I finished my second of six classes last night. I felt so good when I finished the test. I hit the "submit for grade" button and was sure I would see a high 90s final grade. Not so much. 83. What can ya do. Just keep studying.

So this is a random post. Really I wanted to say thank you to Sarah for a wonderful and encouraging evening. I needed it.

2 comments:

MattandSara said...

I'm right there with you with the eating as soon as I wake up. Sometimes I've been woken up (by a child) at like 3 a.m. and my body says, "If you're up you need to eat." Maybe eat a handful of peanuts or something else small at 5 and then eat a bigger breakfast later. Just a thought.

tamandscott said...

Maybe I missed it, but what classes are you taking? I fully admit to being a word skipper and picture looker on blogs, so if you already wrote about it, I'm sorry!!