Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're home! We had to drive right through Denton but could not pick up the girls because there is no room in the van (and it was 1 am). I cannot wait to go get them tomorrow. This has been the most amazing trip, but I am missing my girls.

It was an uneventful drive home (that is a good thing!). We stopped in Casper Wyoming for a little sleep and pushed hard all day Tuesday to get all the way home.


I want to thank everyone who was a part of this trip, but especially Grandma Charlotte, Nana, and Aunt Kara who allowed Pete and I to have this time together. There is no greater comfort than knowing that your children are not only safe, but that they are with people who love them every bit as much as we do. I could not have enjoyed my trip without the peace of mind of knowing that Soren and Reese were with you guys. Thank you so much for giving that to me.


Here are some statistics from one of the best trips I have ever had:



  • total trip miles:

  • $625 in gas (that is a lot less than what I had planned on!)

  • States I drove through: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma

  • Days without seeing my kids: 8 (that is the longest EVER)

  • Liters of Dr. Pepper I drank : too many to measure

  • New experiences: driving across the US. being in Wyoming and Idaho. Seeing part of Yellowstone National Park. Swimming in 57 degree water. Watching an Ironman Triathlon. eating elk (it was in some soup).

It is 3 am and I am going to bed in MY bed. Thank you, God for a safe and magnificent trip.



2 comments:

Anita said...

What a great trip! Way to go Pete!!! That is so awesome. Love all the pics. Nathan really liked the picture of all the swimmers in the water. Glad y'all made it safely home.

MattandSara said...

Glad you're home safely! And I'm glad you get to see your girls again...I know exactly how that feels!