Thursday, June 12, 2008

To all the Dads in my life:

I am so blessed. I really don't see how there could be many women who are as lucky as I am when it comes to the men who are a part of my life. So I want to honor them today and say Happy Father's Day!



To Pete:

For you to be my husband is more than I could ever ask for. For you to be the father of my daughters is simply a great blessing that God chose to give to me. I love how the girls love you. How they always choose you; how they want to please you. You guys crack me up. What a group you make. I love to watch you together. Remember endless dancing to classical music at 1 am when Soren was a baby? Remember reading books on the floor until your eyes nearly fell out? Remember Soren cheering on your hockey team at midnight when she was two? Remember when Reese went through her 'I only want dad to hold me' phase? Remember when she would say "I am going to sleep with my buddy tonight" (wait, that still happens). Remember all of the times Reese has been your running and biking buddy?



I love these memories. I love that we are making new ones everyday. Thank you for being the dad that you are to our girls. Don't ever change.



To Pops:

Oh man, where do I start? First of all, you are the family rock that we all depend on. There is such a peace knowing that you are always there. Thank you for being the father that God intended for you to be, and now for being the grandfather (Pops!) that He wants you to be.



My memories of you are 99.9% funny. Remember when you and I ditched girl scout camp early because it was lame? Remember when we gave Princess a home hair cut? Remember when you spanked me for throwing up chocolate on the new carpet (that was not funny until later). Remember when you totally busted me for driving Kara's car when I thought you were out of town and Grandma Freda said you could not punish me because you did the same thing (thanks for stepping in, Grandma!). Remember when we used to have races in the front yard?



These are the things that made my childhood so enjoyable and at the same time so solid. I never felt afraid that our family would break apart because of your presence and what I knew you stood for. Thank you for giving that to me.



To Granddad:

I never knew the word "brat" would come to mean so much to me. I know that I am your brat. I know that I am a keeper. I know that there are people who love me unconditionally. I know this because of you.



There is so much more I could say. You guys are the most wonderful examples of fathers that anyone could seek. You are making a huge difference in the lives around you; Thank you.



Happy Father's Day



Love,

Sara

No comments: