Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pete Underwood from Burleson Texas - YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

That is what they said as he crossed the finish line in 11:03. I don't know if you realize what that means. That means that he biked at an average speed of 19.3 mph and ran a marathon in 3 hours and 30 minutes AFTER swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112 miles. Absolutely amazing. His run average was 8:18. I cannot describe the emotions. I am so proud of him. Here are a couple more pictures then I am going back to the finish line until all of my friends come in...

I had to run with him for a minute to tell him how well he did. He did not realize how much he was about to beat his previous time.



check out his stats at www.ironman.com go to athlete tracker and put in his bib # 447. He was 1254 out of the water and 260 something across the finish line. He passed over 1000 people after the swim!!!

His overall time was 1 hour and 6 minutes faster than his last race.




2 comments:

MattandSara said...

CONGRATULATIONS PETE! I've been so anxious to see the results. Thanks, Sara, for keeping us updated.

Ann said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is sooo cool! And Pete looks like he's out for a Sunday stroll. So when are you doing your Ironman/woman thing Sara? Can't wait to see it. You will be amazing also, I know. Love you guys!