Saturday, June 7, 2008

Can't Keep Up

I would have to post everyday to keep up with all of the fun stuff we are diving into this summer. That is not going to happen, so I will recap the important things from this past week that I do not want to forget.

Soren's Last Day of Third Grade

Wednesday was Soren's last day of school. There is an awards ceremony for each grade level and the kids get to go up on stage to receive their various awards. Soren was called up on stage so many times it started to get embarrassing. She received all of the academic awards that a 3rd grader can attain and then was chosen by both the music and P.E. teachers for special awards. These teachers only choose one boy and one girl per class and she was the girl chosen by both. What is really amazing is that this is the 3rd year in a row that they have chosen her. Sorry, but I had to brag. I was so proud to be there with her as she was recognized for all of her hard work.

Soren and Mrs. Ettle on the last day of 3rd grade!

New Swim Team

Pete and I made the decision to switch Soren to a new swim team. She started this week and is doing very well. Here is her new swim schedule. 6:15 am - 8:15 am and 4 pm - 5 pm Monday - Friday. Yes, you read that right. And get this....she loves it. Crazy kid. Pete leaves the house with her at 5:30 am and I go pick her up. Thanks Pete for letting me sleep in.

Water Park

As a reward for such a successful year, I surprised Soren with a trip to the water park. I do not care much for these places because you pay a ton to get in and then you spend the day waiting in line and it seems like you spend very little time actually in the water. The girls love them, so I thought I could bare it for a day. We had a blast. Reese is tall enough to ride all of the slides, so we did not miss out on any of the fun. We played and played and played until we literally crashed. I just might have to do that again...









Reese wanted me to take a picture of her "owies"
Soren passed out under her towel toward the end of our fun day

2 comments:

Ann said...

You have some amazing kids!!!! What a blessing and I'm glad that you're so proud of her -- you should be! I guess we'll keep an eye out for Soren at the Olympics one of these years.

MattandSara said...

Congrats Soren! What a great kid! Did you happen to go to the new water park in Mansfield? If so, how was it?`